William Mason(12 February 1725 - 5 April 1797)
Works in ECPA
alphabetical listing / listing in source editions
- ELEGY TO A YOUNG NOBLEMAN LEAVING THE UNIVERSITY. MDCCLIII. ()
- AN ELEGY, On the DEATH of a LADY. Written in 1760. ()
- IL BELLICOSO. MDCCXLIV. ()
- IL PACIFICO. WRITTEN ON THE CONCLUSION OF THE PEACE OF AIX-LA-CHAPELLE, MDCCXLVIII. ()
- ISIS. AN ELEGY. MDCCXLVIII. (); ISIS. An ELEGY. WRITTEN BY MR. MASON OF CAMBRIDGE, 1748. ()
- MUSAEUS: A MONODY TO THE MEMORY of Mr. POPE. In Imitation of MILTON'S Lycidas. ()
- An ODE Performed in the Senate-House at Cambridge July 1, 1749, At the Installation of his Grace THOMAS HOLLES Duke of NEWCASTLE CHANCELLOR of the University. ()
- ODE to a WATER NYMPH. ()
- ODE to an AEOLUS's Harp. Sent to Miss SHEPHEARD. ()
- ODE. On MELANCHOLY. ()
- ODE. To INDEPENDENCY. ()
- ON THE DEATH OF HIS WIFE. ()
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. III. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163; OTA K104099.003)
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. IV. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163; OTA K104099.004)
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. VI. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163; OTA K104099.006)
- A collection of the most esteemed pieces of poetry: that have appeared for several years. With variety of originals, by the late Moses Mendez, Esq; and other contributors to Dodsley's collection. To which this is intended as a supplement. London: printed for Richardson and Urquhart, 1767. ,320p. ; 8⁰. (ESTC T124631; DMI 1073; OTA K099398.000)
- A collection of poems in four volumes. By several hands. Vol. I. [The second edition]. London: printed for G. Pearch, 1770. 4v. ; 8⁰. (ESTC T116245; DMI 1122; OTA K093079.001)
- A collection of poems in four volumes. By several hands. Vol. III. [The second edition]. London: printed for G. Pearch, 1770. 4v. ; 8⁰. (ESTC T116245; DMI 1136; OTA K093079.003)
The Works of the English Poets, from Chaucer to Cowper; including the Series Edited, with Prefaces, Biographical and Critical, by Dr Samuel Johnson: and the most approved translations. The Additional Lives by Alexander Chalmers, F.S.A. Vol. XVIII. London: J. Johnson et al., 1810. 305-424. Google Books edition. Web. 13 Feb. 2016. https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=b0LVAAAAMAAJ&pg=PA305
Baines, Paul, Julian Ferraro, Pat Rogers, eds. The Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Eighteenth-Century Writers and Writing, 1660-1789. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. 233-234. Print.
Fairer, David. English Poetry of the Eighteenth Century 1700-1789. Longman Literature in English Series. Harlow: Longman, 2003. 277-278. Print.
Radcliffe, David H., ed.
Rev. William Mason (1725-1797). Spenser and the Tradition: ENGLISH POETRY 1579-1830. Center for Applied Technologies in the Humanities, Virginia Tech, 2006. Web. 14 Oct. 2011. http://spenserians.cath.vt.edu/AuthorRecord.php?recordid=33097.
Mason, William. A Collection of Poems by Several Hands . Ed. Robert Dodsley and Michael F. Suarez. Vol. I. London: Routledge/Thoemmes, 1997. 181-182. Print. 6 volumes.