William Collins(25 December 1721 - 12 June 1759)
Works in ECPA
alphabetical listing / listing in source editions
- AN EPISTLE ADDRESS'D TO Sir THOMAS HANMER, On his EDITION of SHAKESPEAR'S WORKS. ()
- THE MANNERS. AN ODE. ()
- ODE ON THE DEATH OF MR. JAMES THOMSON. ()
- ODE ON THE POETICAL CHARACTER. ()
- ODE to EVENING. ()
- ODE TO FEAR. (); AN ODE TO FEAR. ()
- ODE TO LIBERTY. ()
- ODE TO MERCY. ()
- ODE TO PEACE, ()
- ODE TO PITY. ()
- ODE TO SIMPLICITY. ()
- ODE, to a LADY. On the Death of Col. Charles Ross, in the Action at Fontenoy. Written May 1745. ()
- ODE, Written in the same Year. ()
- ORIENTAL ECLOGUES. (); ORIENTAL ECLOGUES. ()
- THE PASSIONS. AN ODE. (); THE PASSIONS, AN ODE FOR MUSIC. ()
- A SONG FROM SHAKESPEAR's CYMBELINE. Sung by GUIDERUS and ARVIRAGUS over FIDELE, supposed to be dead. ()
- WRITTEN ON A PAPER, WHICH CONTAINED A PIECE OF BRIDE CAKE: GIVEN TO THE AUTHOR BY A LADY. ()
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. I. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163; OTA K104099.001)
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. IV. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163; OTA K104099.004)
- A collection of the most esteemed pieces of poetry: that have appeared for several years. With variety of originals, by the late Moses Mendez, Esq; and other contributors to Dodsley's collection. To which this is intended as a supplement. London: printed for Richardson and Urquhart, 1767. ,320p. ; 8⁰. (ESTC T124631; DMI 1073; OTA K099398.000)
- A collection of poems in four volumes. By several hands. Vol. II. [The second edition]. London: printed for G. Pearch, 1770. 4v. ; 8⁰. (ESTC T116245; DMI 1135; OTA K093079.002)
Index of English Literary Manuscripts. Vol. III, 1700-1800 . London: Mansell, 1986-1997. Pt. 1 Addison-Fielding. 227-231. Print. 4 volumes.
Lonsdale, Roger, ed. The Poems of Gray, Collins and Goldsmith. London and Harlow: Longmans, 1969. Print.
Wendorf, Richard and Charles Ryskamp, eds. The Works of William Collins. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1979. Print.
The Works of the English Poets, from Chaucer to Cowper; including the Series Edited, with Prefaces, Biographical and Critical, by Dr Samuel Johnson: and the most approved translations. The Additional Lives by Alexander Chalmers, F.S.A. Vol. XIII. London: J. Johnson et al., 1810. 189-218. Google Books edition. Web. 13 Feb. 2016. https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=EWJIAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA189
Baines, Paul, Julian Ferraro, Pat Rogers, eds. The Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Eighteenth-Century Writers and Writing, 1660-1789. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. 72-73. Print.
Fairer, David. English Poetry of the Eighteenth Century 1700-1789. Longman Literature in English Series. Harlow: Longman, 2003. 265-266. Print.
English Poetry, 1660-1800: a guide to information sources. American Literature, English Literature, and World Literatures in English Information Guide Series, vol. 40. Detroit: Gale, 1982. 153-160. Print.
Radcliffe, David H., ed.
William Collins (1721-1759). Spenser and the Tradition: ENGLISH POETRY 1579-1830. Center for Applied Technologies in the Humanities, Virginia Tech, 2006. Web. 4 Nov. 2011. http://spenserians.cath.vt.edu/AuthorRecord.php?recordid=33080.
Collins, William. A Collection of Poems by Several Hands . Ed. Robert Dodsley and Michael F. Suarez. Vol. I. London: Routledge/Thoemmes, 1997. 135-136. Print. 6 volumes.
Eighteenth-Century High Lyric: William Collins and Christopher Smart. Thain, Marion and Jonathan Culler, eds. The Lyric Poem: Formations and Transformations. Cambridge, England: Cambridge UP, 2013. 112-134. Print.