Thomas Gray(26 December 1716 - 30 July 1771)
Works in ECPA
- The Bard. A Pindaric Ode (); ODE. ()
- The Descent of Odin. An Ode (From the Norse-Tongue,) in Bartholinus, de causis contemnendae mortis; Hafniae, 1689, Quarto. Upreis Odinn allda gautr, &c. (); THE DESCENT OF ODIN: AN ODE. ()
- An ELEGY WRITTEN IN A COUNTRY CHURCH YARD. (); Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard ()
- The Fatal Sisters. An Ode (From the Norse-Tongue,) in the ORCADES of Thormodus Torfaeus; Hafniae, 1697, Folio: and also in Bartholinus. Vitt er orpit fyrir valfalli, &c. (); THE FATAL SISTERS: AN ODE. ()
- ODE AT THE INSTALLATION OF HIS GRACE AUGUSTUS HENRY FITZROY, DUKE OF GRAFTON, CHANCELLOR OF THE UNIVERSITY. JULY 1, MDCCLXIX. (); Ode for Music ()
- Ode on a Distant Prospect of Eton College (); An ODE On a distant Prospect of ETON COLLEGE. ()
- Ode on the Death of a Favourite Cat, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes (); ODE on the Death of a Favourite CAT, Drowned in a Tub of Gold Fishes. ()
- Ode on the Spring (); ODE. ()
- HYMN to ADVERSITY. (); Ode to Adversity ()
- ODE. (); The Progress of Poesy. A Pindaric Ode ()
- The Triumphs of Owen. A Fragment from Mr. Evans's Specimens of the Welch Poetry; London, 1764, Quarto. (); THE TRIUMPHS OF OWEN: A FRAGMENT. ()
- Agrippina, a Tragedy ()
- The Alliance of Education and Government. A Fragment ()
- The Candidate ()
- [Caradoc] ()
- The Characters of the Christ-Cross Row, By a Critic, To Mrs — ()
- [Conan] ()
- [Couplet about Birds] ()
- The Death of Hoel From Aneurin, Monarch of the Bards, extracted from the Gododin ()
- [Epitaph on a Child] ()
- [Epitaph on Mrs Clerke] ()
- [Epitaph on Mrs Mason] ()
- [Epitaph on Sir William Williams] ()
- [Hymn to Ignorance. A Fragment] ()
- [Imitated] From Propertius. Lib: 2: Eleg: 1. ()
- Imitated from Propertius, Lib: 3: Eleg: 5: ()
- [Impromptus] ()
- [Invitation to Mason] ()
- [Lines on Dr Robert Smith] ()
- Lines on the Accession of George III ()
- [Lines Spoken by the Ghost of John Dennis at the Devil Tavern] ()
- [Lines Written at Burnham] ()
- A Long Story ()
- [Ode on the Pleasure Arising from Vicissitude] ()
- On L[or]d H[olland']s Seat near M[argat]e, K[en]t ()
- [Parody on an Epitaph] ()
- Satire on the Heads of Houses; or, Never a Barrel the Better Herring ()
- [Sketch of his Own Character] ()
- Song I ()
- Song II ()
- Sonnet [on the Death of Mr Richard West] ()
- Stanzas to Mr Bentley ()
- [Tophet] Inscription on a Portrait ()
- [Translation] From Tasso [Gerusalemme Liberata] Canto 14, Stanza 32-9 ()
- [Translation from Dante, Inferno Canto xxxiii 1-78] ()
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid VI 646-88, 704-24] ()
- [Translation from Statius, Thebaid IX 319-26] ()
- [Verse Fragments] ()
- William Shakespeare to Mrs Anne, Regular Servant to the Revd Mr Precentor of York ()
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. II. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163)
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. IV. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163)
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. VI. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163)
- A collection of poems in four volumes. By several hands. Vol. III. [The second edition]. London: printed for G. Pearch, 1770. 4v. ; 8⁰. (ESTC T116245; DMI 1136)
- Thomas Gray: English poems. Web. Oxford: Thomas Gray Archive, 2002. http://www.thomasgray.org/texts/poems.shtml
Index of English Literary Manuscripts. Vol. III, 1700-1800 . London: Mansell, 1986-1997. Pt. 2 Gay-Philips. 71-116. Print. 4 volumes.
The Works of the English Poets, from Chaucer to Cowper; including the Series Edited, with Prefaces, Biographical and Critical, by Dr Samuel Johnson: and the most approved translations. The Additional Lives by Alexander Chalmers, F.S.A. Vol. XIV. London: J. Johnson et al., 1810. 135-158. Google Books edition. Web. 13 Feb. 2016. https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=ofNLAAAAcAAJ&pg=PA135
Huber, Alexander, ed.
Poems. Thomas Gray Archive. Thomas Gray Archive, 2002. Web. 14 Oct. 2011. http://www.thomasgray.org/texts/poems.shtml.
Lonsdale, Roger, ed. The Poems of Gray, Collins and Goldsmith. London and Harlow: Longmans, 1969. Print.
Concordance. Thomas Gray Archive. Thomas Gray Archive, 2000. Web. 14 Oct. 2011. http://www.thomasgray.org/resources/concordance.shtml.
Biography. Thomas Gray Archive. Thomas Gray Archive, 2000. Web. 14 Oct. 2011. http://www.thomasgray.org/resources/bio.shtml.
Bibliography. Thomas Gray Archive. Thomas Gray Archive, 2000. Web. 14 Oct. 2011. http://www.thomasgray.org/resources/bibyr.shtml.
Baines, Paul, Julian Ferraro, Pat Rogers, eds. The Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Eighteenth-Century Writers and Writing, 1660-1789. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. 154-156. Print.
Fairer, David. English Poetry of the Eighteenth Century 1700-1789. Longman Literature in English Series. Harlow: Longman, 2003. 272-273. Print.
English Poetry, 1660-1800: a guide to information sources. American Literature, English Literature, and World Literatures in English Information Guide Series, vol. 40. Detroit: Gale, 1982. 238-251. Print.
Radcliffe, David H., ed.
Thomas Gray (1716-1771). Spenser and the Tradition: ENGLISH POETRY 1579-1830. Center for Applied Technologies in the Humanities, Virginia Tech, 2006. Web. 14 Oct. 2011. http://spenserians.cath.vt.edu/AuthorRecord.php?recordid=33062.
Gray, Thomas. A Collection of Poems by Several Hands . Ed. Robert Dodsley and Michael F. Suarez. Vol. I. London: Routledge/Thoemmes, 1997. 157-158. Print. 6 volumes.